Tuesday, September 13, 2016

WEEK ?

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been super busy but really fun! I would love to tell you all about it, but due to us getting our car back, our day has been backed up :( soooooo this email will be not super short, but small :) here's my week:

Monday:we had wonderful lesson with Fiorella and her family! They are SUPER solid. They went to church for two sundays in a row! They ask lots of really really good questions. So in that lesson, it was super powerful because we were talking about Modern Day Prophets. And so when my companion dropped the bomb about a living Prophet, Fiorella turned to her husband and then to us and said "there is a living Prophet? AWESOME!" She loved it and so did her family. It was an amazing experience because after we showed her a small part of a talk that President Monson gave, they knew he's a Prophet. 

Tuesday: We had an all day service project! We (4 Zones in the Orem area) participated in the building of an "All Around" Park. This park is to allow children (of all physical capabilities) to enjoy their time at the park. So we spent basically the WHOLE day there. It was hot, but really fun. It was a big community effort, so we saw a lot of the members from church there! After that, we showered and had some great lessons! Later that night, we begin exchanges with the PG Elders, I was going to their area for the day. 

Wednesday: The morning of the exchanges, we had to conduct a baptismal interview! Those are always fun :) After that, we did lots of finding and contacting. Sometimes on exchanges I feel so lost! But I just do what I do best and I know the Lord will do the rest :) We found some good solid people and also a lot of really rude people. Later that night, there was one lesson in specific that stood out to me. There was a man we found who has never spoken to missionaries, or a Mormon for that matter. Anyways, as we were doing How To Begin Teaching, we were able to find out that he didn't have a lot of knowledge on Religions in General. I LOVE PEOPLE LIKE THIS! It's always super fun to explain that we are all children of God, and his face just lit up! It was an amazing feeling for everyone involved. 

Thursday:We had District Training Meeting in the morning! That was fun :) Elder Vi is a good District Leader. After that, we planned for our Musical Number that we will be performing at Zone Conference next week. Also, later that night we found Juliana (after the longest time ever) and her Brother (who is a less active member). They both are solid and have many good questions. We also played soccer later that evening after our lesson with Brian. 

Friday:We received permission to attend the Funeral for Moises Morales down in Provo. It was a very spiritual experience for everyone that attend! Attending a Funeral as a missionary is very very different. Not a weird different, but a good and spiritual one! Because of what was sad, I have even a firmer testimony of the plan of happiness. 

Saturday:We did lots and lots of driving......we had to take one of our missionaries to Highland for a Baptism because his ride cancelled super last minute. Then we had to pick up his companion from another Baptism. It was a long day for my legs haha :( but later that night, I saw a guy playing basketball and he challenged me and I accepted! We played and it was great! First time playing in a VERY long time. I left and my feet were killing me the rest of the night..... I get home to find two blisters on my feet. One on each foot hahaha they hurt but good thing I got my First Aid Merit Badge because I knew exactly what to do :)

Sunday: My feet killed me :(((( but church was amazing :DD so many investigators accepted the challenge of attending church for the three hours and they did! Every single talk was something they really needed in their lives!


Love,
Elder Ovalles

No comments:

Post a Comment