Monday, November 9, 2015

1 MONTH & 2 DAYS IN THE FIELD

Dear Family and Friends,

Life has been good! Work has been great! I love my mission. Saturday was my 1 month on the mission. 

Here are my adventures of the week:

Tuesday- was such a busy and crazy day!! In the morning we played soccer (I still don't like waking up that early). After that, we had studies for a big portion of the morning. During personal study I was reading in "Our Heritage: A Brief History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". The book is so amazing. It brings such a spiritual understanding of the whole church. So far I've read about the first vision and establishing the foundations of our church. I know the first vision happened and all (I have no doubt), but I just wanted to gain a stronger grasp of it all. So I did what Joseph did who did what James directs, which is........................ASK OF GOD! So I prayed and almost instantly, I felt a wonderful feeling and definitely now have a stronger grasp on the first vision.

 Wednesday: we went on exchanges. So I went with Elder Allen to his area and we had such an awesome time. Not only because their area had a car but also because he's just super awesome. Throughout the day, we had wonderful encounters with people and just had a spiritual day. We had lunch a Cafe Rio (some lady gave us 20 dollars and said enjoy lunch). After sitting down, I was prompted to talk to the man next to us and so we talked and it turns out the brother is from Silver Spring, MD! He graduated from Springbrook HS! He attended church at my home church building when it was still called the Silver Spring Ward. The horrible thing is......I forgot his name. I KNOWWWWWWWWWW....its sad. Later after lunch, we ran into some JW (Jehovah's Witnesses) who wanted to Bible Bash.....I bore my testimony and they were like you can't base everything off faith. They said that the heart deceives men. So I accidentally said "where do you feel the spirit? Your liver?" They giggled and then turned serious. They went on and I bore testimony again (so we could leave) and I asked them "what is faith?" They gave me an answer. I said "thanks, read Hebrews 11:1...see ya". (If you know anything JW then you know they're the kind of people that want physical evidence about everything. They're an interesting people. But I love them either way). Then we taught a guy who was really really really high. We realized it was a waste of time after he started asking if he could worship our cat gods......

Thursday- was super cold and we had lots of lessons in the trailer park. To be honest...it was a blur.

Friday- we had ZTM (Zone Training Meeting). It took the majority of the day! But we tried to contact all of our investigators but none of them answered. It was sad day. But we ate out for free haha it was yummy :) (here in Utah we have stuff called freebies. Which means we can go somewhere and get some for free. Haircuts, food, rides, you name it!) oh and it snowed a little today.

Saturday- we did lots of findings in the trailer park. Then we left to go to an appointment with the Machucas but once we got there, we got a text and they cancelled. It was rough. Lots of the people we are teaching are working a lot because they won't have jobs during the winter. So I can sorta understand but yeah. 

Sunday- today was a good day at church. We had only two investigators show up. It was sad not to see the Machucas there because that means we have to push their date back. But Sunday was just filled with foods. I felt like I was going to blow up. I was cold and stuffed! One part member family fed us steaks. Wow. I've never had a better lunch in my entire life. We taught the husband and invited him to be baptized but he said he needed to think about it.....for like the 10000000000000 time. But that's okay, everyone has their time in life. :) 



I love you all and the church is true. :) 


Love,
Elder Ovalles


If anyone lives near American Fork, come
and attend this wonderful event!




No comments:

Post a Comment